ARTIST BIO: JV (JOVAN STROOP)
JoVan Stroop (JV), is a self-taught digital artist / fashion designer based in Harlem, NY. Fueled by the desire to express himself through creativity, Jovan discovered his artistic talent through sheer accident and circumstance
During his process Jovan decided that fashion wasn’t the only industry he wanted to tap into. His thought process was why not take the same designs and artwork that people love to wear and convert it to physical art pieces. So with his passion for creativity Jovan began to create art work that not only expressed his emotions and feelings but pieces that grab the attention of others, that would start dialogue and social conversation of politics, culture and life. This gave birth to his art brand known as This Respek Art. His works have been displayed at numerous art fairs like Art Basel and exhibitions at the Harlem State building, Casa Frela and the Bad Boy Reunion pop up shop in LA just to name a few. Jovan’s work displays his purpose to blend both the world of fashion and art and create works of art that posses a deeper meaning and understanding that people will value and appreciate.
“Creativity is a contagious passion; it inspires ideas which in turn inspires change”, In order to change we have to learn to respect each others ideas and feelings and like art even if it doesn’t mean anything to you it could mean everything to the next person.
- The Black Art Expo, Art & Sol Studios, Miami Florida
· Art Basel, The Art Factory Art Exhibit, Miami Florida, 3-person exhibit
· Bad Boy x Invisible Bully “Bad Boy Reunion tour” pop-up shop, New York & Los Angeles, Solo Exhibit
· Casa Frela Art Gallery, Harlem NY, Solo Exhibit
· Harlem State Building Art Gallery, Harlem NY, Solo Exhibit
· Harlem Library, Harlem NY, Solo Exhibit
· World Money Art Gallery, Brooklyn NY, 5-person Exhibit
- Afro Punk 2015 pop-up shop, Brooklyn NY, Solo Exhibit
· Notorious BIG Brunch Tribute, Milk River Brooklyn NY, Solo Exhibit
· The Notorious BIG Birthday Tribute hosted by Little Cease, Milk River Brooklyn NY, Solo Exhibit
· Essence Street Style Block Party pop-up shop, Brooklyn NY, Solo Exhibit
"Kings Live Forever"
A Tribute To Basquiat
Art Basel 2016
Art & Sol Studios Miami, FL
INVISIBLE BULLY x
This Respek Art
"Bad Boy Reunion"
New York, NY
"Respek Our Culture"
Harlem State Building, Harlem NY